Saturday, March 15, 2014

Slipping By

It is simply amazing to me how the minutes, days, and months slip by. When I was told that life just continues to speed up as you get older, I believed the person, but I didn't realize just how true the statement would turn out. Today is one of the first days in a long time that I have had to just sit. There was no big agenda, nothing that demanded my attention, and nothing that needed to be finished before the day was done. It was beautiful! This makes me ponder how busy am I? Do I need to be cutting back? I do not want to be so busy accomplishing everything on "my list" for the day that I miss golden moments.

Golden moments such as taking time to enjoy a sunrise (or sunset), listening to the wind in the trees, watching a bird at the feeder, lending a helping hand, or sitting peacefully. Golden moments that when I am busy, multi-tasking, worried, stressed, or just aware of the passing time, are not as full and beautiful. Golden moments when I can really connect with God because I did put all else away and have the ability to focus solely on Him.

Am I too busy? I have not decided that yet, but I do know that I will enjoy today and look for those golden moments amid the quick pace of other days

No comments:

Post a Comment