Saturday, July 27, 2013

Exhist or Live

While reading a book today, I stumbled upon another quote that made me think....

"Loss is part of life. Whether it happens unexpectedly, 
or later in life with disease or old age. It's inevitable. 
The best we can do is consider each day a gift and
embrace it fully. Otherwise, we exist rather than live." 
                                                 -Irene Hannon

Yes, death is painful and not fun for the ones who are left behind, but yet...

The person who has gone to heaven does not want to come back. They are having the time of their life and doing what they were made to do...praise.

Time continues on. Whether you sit in bed all day or are doing chore after chore, time continues on at the same rate for all of us on Earth. 

We will see them again. Why wallow in your sadness on Earth when you know that you will see them again someday? Yes, you will miss them, but this is not the end. We have a story that goes beyond the glimpse of this time on Earth.

God's plan for you is not complete yet. I know that my dad was received into heaven with the words "well done good and faithful servant." I need to strive to follow God's will for my life so that I can also be greeted with those wonderful words.

So I choose to laugh, live, love, care, show compassion and patience, and continue searching for God's next step for my life because it is not finished yet and I am determined to "fight the good fight, finish the race, and keep the faith." I will choose to live rather than just exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment